Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yai!! New Ideas... ^.^

Hi!

I know I have been talking about cooking and food since I started this blog, but I really love to cook. I will start more projects soon, I promise. I really just need to wait until the fall semester starts at school... or at least until August. 
Anyway, I am starting a new project! This is a tad bit different than crafts and cooking, but it is somewhat related! So, let me tell you what its about...
I have been wanting to grow my hair out for about a year now. I had gotten a very horrible hair cut in May of 2010 and I was fed up with short hair! Since then, it has grown out a bit, but it is still not at the stage that I want it to be at. And I haven't been getting routine trims every 6 weeks to get all of my dead stuff off! So, I was recently online researching how to get my hair to grow faster (I know, you'd think its pointless, right?) and I found some information about seaweed. Apparently, it has amazing benefits for your hair, skin, and health.
I was not surprised in the least about this because I have heard it before. This time, however, I am going to try it! As you all know, I love to cook. That means I love to cook ANYTHING! :) I have been cooking Mexican and Japanese food the most lately, and I happen to have Nori seaweed in my pantry! I also have some Miso soup packets that I eat almost daily! And I also happen to drink green and black tea almost daily, as well. So, it seems I am already one step ahead!
OK... So enough of the rambling! Here are the terms of the project:
  • Eat seaweed daily! Incorporate it into my diet in any way that I can... (i.e. soups, dried Nori as snack, homemade sushi, rice and seaweed, rice balls. etc.)
  • Have at least 3 cups of green tea daily
  • Make DIY green tea and olive oil hair masque
  • NO USE OF HEAT APPLIANCES ON HAIR (with the exception of bangs)
  • Wash hair in LUKE WARM water
  • Cut back on sugars
  • Try and take Biotin supplements daily
  • Try to walk daily
These tips, along with some others, will all contribute to and help hair growth, thickness, and shininess.
I am so excited to start this project that I am starting TONIGHT, and it is going to last until July 31 (when I go to visit family in Las Vegas). Depending on results and what it looks like, I will decide from there whether I want to continue with the project (in which time it will become more of a daily diet) or quit it. 
READY, SET, GO!!!!!!
Here is my before picture... taken only yesterday! 
I will also be adding some close ups of my hair tomorrow and every two weeks, in order to make a better comparison! Well, here it goes! (^w^)

***P.S. - I will be adding photos of my new BENTO BOX next time, as well! n_n***

*~*Until Next Time*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment